If you have questions, we have the answers!
Picking a charter captain can seem like a daunting task. You probably have a lot of questions.
We’ve put together a list of our most frequently asked questions so that you can get answer fast and easily.
If you don’t find the answers to your questions here, please feel free to call or email us at any time.
How many people can you take on a charter?
Our 21 foot Key West comfortably fishes 3-4 people.
What if we have a large group?
We can coordinate group charters by scheduling multiple captains so that your entire group can fish comfortably, safely, and legally.
Do we need to buy a fishing license?
No. Fishing licenses are included with your charter.
Are your charters family friendly?
Absolutely! We loving taking families fishing!
What kind of fish can we catch?
Depending on the season, we may catch…
- Spanish Mackerel
- King Mackerel
- Many more!
Can we keep what we catch for something to eat?
We practice conservation out of respect for our natural resources and so that future generations will be able to enjoy them. If we are blessed to catch fish that meet the legal requirements, you will be able to keep enough to make a meal.
When it comes to our business partner, the Redfish, our policy is CATCH and RELEASE for several reasons:
- They’re fun to catch!…and if we keep a limit every time, they won’t be there for the next trip.
- Redfish are long-lived, and do not reach spawning age until they are 4-6 years old.
- Once they reach spawning age, they leave the marsh for the ocean. This means there are only 3 year-classes of estuarine fish at any given time.
What is provided on charters?
- Boat, gear, and fuel
- All fishing supplies and licenses are provided
- Bottled Water
What should we bring on our charter?
- Snacks and drinks (no drink coolers)
- Fish cooler if you plan to keep a few (leave in vehicle until end of trip)
- A small towel or two
- Sunglasses (make sure you have them)
- Non-aerosol Sunscreen
- Rain jackets (just in case) (in the event of lightning, we will return to the dock)
- Comfortable fitting life jacket for small children (under 10 years of age)
- And be ready to have a good time!
Why non-aerosol Sunscreen?
Mainly because the aerosol stains the boat orange, and it won’t wash off. The aerosol stuff also gets everywhere, making things slippery which isn’t a good thing on a boat.
Is there a bathroom on the boat?
No. Let us know if this is a concern so we can discuss several options to make sure you will be comfortable.
We are staying closer to Murrell's inlet. Why are we fishing out of Georgetown?
why book a fishing charter with us?
You work hard, and your time on the water is limited. I get that, so let me provide everything you need to make the most of it. Book your fishing trip with someone who has a lifetime of experience fishing North Myrtle Beach to Georgetown.
READY TO GO FISHING?
We make booking charters easy! Use our instant online booking system!